Responsibilities of Faculty serving as Advancement Representatives
Advancement Representatives act as liaisons between Faculty and Advancement Officers. As such, ARs are responsible for the following:
- Meeting with Advancement Officers from all three of their broad areas of engagement: Development Funding, Alumni Relations, and Marketing.
- Communicating the aspirations, successes, and needs of Advancement to the Faculty.
- Communicating the aspirations, successes, and needs of the Faculty to Advancement, including specific and accurate evidence of K’s commitment to
the liberal arts.
- Maintaining a sharepoint site where Academic Departments may inform and prioritize their monetary needs to Development.
- Representing the faculty in interactions with potential donors or alumni hosted by advancement or helping identify and recruit the Faculty, Administrators, or Staff whose expertise might more closely match the needs of the situation.
Composition of Advancement Representatives
Two (2) faculty will be appointed for service as ARs by FEC. One of the two faculty representatives will act as convener, and, in consultation with Advancement Officers from all three branches and his/her colleague, will take the lead in setting meetings and an agenda for the year.